Pelvic Health in Pregnancy and Beyond
We're at it again! Free Community education event, specifically for women at any point of their pregnancy journey
PLS YOGA, with treasured guest Ayla Harrison, is pleased to invite you to a free education event on pelvic floor health in pregnancy and beyond, held at Atlanta Birth Center. On March 20th, please join us for this education and information session on pelvic health, yoga therapy, and pregnancy. Topics covered will include:.
- a brief overview of optimal pelvic health, from before our journey into pregnancy and well beyond it
- modifications to traditional poses, from a pelvic perspective, for the child-bearing body and labouring body, including yoga practices that support good foetal alignment
- basic yoga breathwork and postures to improve non-beneficial conditions and symptoms of dysfunction (including pain, incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, etc.)
- yoga as a pathway of care for pelvic disease and dysfunction
- the basics of core conditioning for healthy pelvic systems and structures
Suitable for pregnant and postpartum women, but also health practitioners and fellow yoga teachers, who want to support their patients and clients with this information. Spread the word, but space is limited; RSVP is required. For more information, to register for the event (or to receive information about future events specifically for peri-menopausal/post-cycling women, please fill in the contact form, below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Patricia Schmidt is the founder of PLS YOGA. She is an RYT500hr YA certified yoga teacher, and IAYT Level 1 Yoga Therapist; she specialises in the application of yoga to support pelvic health and wellness. She holds the highest level of training available for yoga for pelvic health, and additional qualifications in yoga for cancer survivors, yoga for pre- and post-natal women, yoga for hypermobility, and yin yoga.
Ayla Harrison is a long time, experienced KHYF certified yoga teacher, teaching prenatal, postpartum and regular yoga classes, as well as Lamaze inspired birth preparation workshops. She is a DONA certified birth doula, and has attended over 350 births to date. She has happily been helping women and families have a healthy, stress-free, informed and enjoyable pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience for the past 25 years.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE BY REGISTERING BELOW
Atlanta Birth Center, Community Room
1 Baltimore Place NW
Date and Time:
20 March, 2018; 6.30-8.30pm
RSVP required to attend