Pelvic Health in Pregnancy and Beyond
FREE EDUCATIONAL EVENT - PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL, but you can register for March 20th, below
PLS YOGA, and Charlotte Scott are pleased to invite you to the first of a series of education events on pelvic floor health in pregnancy and beyond, held at Atlanta Birth Center. On January 30th, please join us for this free education and information session on pelvic health, yoga therapy, and pregnancy. Topics covered will include:.
- a brief overview of optimal pelvic health, from before our journey into pregnancy and well beyond it
- modifications to traditional poses, from a pelvic perspective, for the child-bearing body and labouring body, including yoga practices that support good foetal alignment
- basic yoga breathwork and postures to improve non-beneficial conditions and symptoms of dysfunction (including pain, incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, etc.)
- yoga as a pathway of care for pelvic disease and dysfunction
- the basics of core conditioning for healthy pelvic systems and structures
Suitable for pregnant and postpartum women, but also health practitioners and fellow yoga teachers, who want to support their patients and clients with this information. Spread the word, but space is limited; RSVP is required. For more information, to register for the event (or to receive information about future events, including an upcoming session for (peri-)menopausal women), please fill in the contact form, below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Patricia Schmidt is the founder of PLS YOGA. She is an RYT500hr YA certified yoga teacher, and IAYT Level 1 Yoga Therapist; she specialises in the application of yoga to support pelvic health and wellness. She holds the highest level of training available for yoga for pelvic health, and additional qualifications in yoga for cancer survivors, yoga for pre- and post-natal women, yoga for hypermobility, and yin yoga.
Charlotte Scott, NCLTMB and CLD, is a beloved member of the Atlanta birthing community. She is an advanced prenatal and postpartum body work specialist, a respected childbirth educator and doula.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE BY REGISTERING BELOW
Atlanta Birth Center, Community Room
1 Baltimore Place NW
Date and Time:
30 January, 2018; 6-8pm
RSVP required to attend